Grenier Place Chiropractic and Massage
Favorite Chiropractic Clinic of 2016 & 2017 by Readers Choice
Dr. Heather Rouse Dr. Jamie Smith
Dr. Heather Rouse
Dr. Heather graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in 1998. Over the past 18 years she has discovered how amazing chiropractic truly is. She loves interacting and working together with patients and their families in their health care.
Dr. Heather has done extensive courses on pregnancy and pediatric chiropractic, most recently infant adjusting and working with kids on the spectrum.
She was born and raised in St. Albert and remains heavily involved in the community where she grew up. She holds a first degree black belt in karate and deals with sports injuries as well. When not at work, her two young boys keep her active and busy volunteering in their school and sports.
Dr. Jamie Smith
Dr. Jamie graduated from Chiropractic college in December of 2004. Prior to finishing school, she moved to Edmonton and did her preceptorship at the office for two months. After completing Canadian exams and receiving her license from the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors, she started practicing in February 2005.
Using Diversified (Hands on) adjusting, Thomson Drop Table, Activator and soft tissue work, Dr. Jamie enjoys using different techniques depending on the patient, preference and issues being addressed. Since getting married and having two young boys, Dr. Jamie has focused most of her continuing education on pregnancy and pediatric adjusting and loves having a family practice where everyone feels welcome and comfortable in the office.
With her boys Ryan and Adam both in school, Jamie has some free time and enjoys spending it at Sculpt Barre in St. Albert and West Edmonton and loves going to Oilers games and spending time with family and friends.
Dr. Rouse & Dr. Smith share detailed notes regarding each treatment a patient receives making it possible for a patient to receive follow up care by either Chiropractor and allowing patients to be able to get treatment during all business hours.
Although appointments are preferred & take precedent we do offer walk in appointments. A patient without an appointment will be seen in the soonest available time slot.
With a changing table in the front washroom, children books in our waiting area, toys in each chiropractic room and with stickers & treats at our front desk, we make sure that all children feel welcome & comfortable when in our office.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some reasons to visit a chiropractor?
- Pain relief - torso, back and neck aches
- Improve your posture
- Improve range of motion
- Relief from headaches, muscle and joint pains
- Improve symptoms of whiplash
Once I see a chiropractor do I have to keep coming back?
- Each patient requires specific needs depending on their general health and reasoning for their visit. You and the chiropractor will make a treatment plan that best suits your needs whether that be regular treatments, stretches that can be done at home, life style alterations or, even other methods of care such as massage or physiotherapy.
Do I need to get x-rays in order to be treated?
- Our office does not require X-rays to be done but, are able to request to have them done if it is believed to be useful in the treatment plan of the patient or if the patient would like to have one done.
Do chiropractic adjustments hurt?
- Although it is possible to have some mild soreness after a treatment it isn't common. If you are concerned about pain or tenderness there are different methods of adjustment that can be done without being manually adjusted such as the activator method or drop table adjustments.